1. What Are Female Condoms?
Female condoms are sheaths or linings that fit loosely inside a woman’s vagina. They are made of thin, transparent and soft plastic film. Rubber female condoms are available in some countries. Some brands available in India are Cupid Angel, Confidom and Velvet.
2. How do you use a female condom?
Female condoms have flexible rings at both ends. One ring at the closed end helps to insert the condom and the ring at the open end holds part of the condom outside the vagina.
3. How do female condoms work?
Female condoms work by forming a barrier that keeps sperm out of the vagina, preventing pregnancy. They also keep infections in semen, penis or vagina from infecting the other partner.
4. What are the advantages of female condoms?
Female condoms have advantages like:
- Can be inserted ahead of time so do not interrupt sex (8hours)
- Are not tight or constricting like male condoms.
- Do not dull the sensation of sex like male condoms.
- Do not have to be removed immediately after ejaculation.